As I was driving around this morning following my list of errands, it occurred to me that I am living my own version of The Amazing Race...minus the all-expenses paid travel to exotic places and travel companion. Here is My Amazing Race challenge for the morning which I had to complete in a very specific order otherwise I would fail this challenge:
- Text two other moms to confirm afternoon tranport for my kids (thanks ladies!)
- Email various school personnel to give permission for altered afternoon transport
- Travel by van to dry cleaners for drop-off and pick-up
- Notice that all my buttons are literally hanging by threads on the coat I am wearing; leave said coat at dry cleaners (snafu #1)
- Travel back home to get another coat
- Realize while at home that list of errands is sitting on kitchen table. Be glad I came home for another coat (snafu #2)
- Travel to the Golden Mile to service station to check warning light that keeps coming on.
- Service station is next to ToyRUs, conveniently, thankfully since new Nerf Darts are needed for weekend lock-in (bonus point!)
- Rendevous back at home with Egg Lady for black market, organic egg delivery
- Travel again by van to pick up root beer & Cool Ranch Doritos (for the lock-in, of course)
- Return home again to clean the bathroom, finishing with a shower
I am especially thankful to be able to play along in My Amazing Race when there are things going on like the continued struggles of those in the Northeast following Sandy and the winter storm earlier this week. I also don't know how long My (and our country's) Amazing Race will continue when I watch the news and listen to all the concern about the fiscal cliff that we are approaching. OMG!
One last random thought...on a local level, this weekend the Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts in our area will be picking up non-perisable food items for the annual Scouting For Food drive to support nine Frederick County food banks. The Scouts in this area supply 75% of the food donations to these local food banks. Please remember to put your food donations out on your front porch Saturday morning before 9:00 a.m. for the Amazing Scouts to collect. The collection efforts are an Amazing Race in and of themselves!
There are other amazingly random things going on at Mrs. 444s Friday Fragments.