Welcome to my 100th post! It's hard not to give a nice round number like that some special notice. So to commemorate this feat in blogging continuity and self-discipline, I am going to do something that I usually don't like to do. I'm going to give you the "100 Things About Me" list! (insert fake enthusiasm here.)
I know what you're thinking: Hasn't she already given us this list? Isn't that what the 99 previous posts were all about? That's what I thought originally too. I mean, really what is my blog (almost anyone's blog for that matter) but an acceptable platform from which to talk about myself and things I deem funny, important, shocking, lame, etc. You're right, you already have nearly 100 things about me. BUT your list is not in a concise presentation that is really usable. Your list is spread out over more than a year of posts and it would be oh so hard to find something specific in your list, making it very frustrating for you to refer back to (as I am sure you have wanted to many times). So I'll organize it a little better for you.
And furthermore, I am not even sure I can come up with 100 things about myself that are list worthy. Surprising, I know. But, at times like these, I question what I really know about myself. So, this also is a personal challenge to see how well I really do know me. It's not all about you afterall.
And don't we all have a little Toby Keith in us, right? Wanna talk about me,wanna talk about my, wanna talk about number one, oh my, me, mine. What I think, what I like, what I know, what I want, what I see...
So here goes:
- It takes me a while to get to the point.
- I like lots of details.
- I married my college sweetheart.
- I said I would never get married.
- I'm glad I change my mind.
- I love to write.
- I love photography.
- I am a coffee addict.
- I remember almost every phone number I have ever seen, heard, or dialed.
- My memory for useless information is astounding; it spans decades and genres in unbelievable proportions.
- But I have difficulty remembering what books I have read.
- I need lists to keep it all together.
- I like things organized my way, preferably on a list.
- I always think I can improve whatever it is I am doing.
- I love the mountains, specifically the Great Smoky Mountains.
- It's still hard for me to believe I have 2 great boys. (not believe they are great, just believe that this is my life with these 2 wonderful kids.)
- I still love snow, in reasonable amounts.
- I use the same kind of mascara that my mom first bought for me when I was prepubescent - Maybelline Great Lash, brownish-black.
- I am the youngest and only girl in our family, with 3 older brothers.
- I like doing nice, unexpected things for other people.
- I wish more people would do nice, unexpected things for other people.
- My favorite clothing item is a great fitting pair of jeans.
- My second favorite clothing item is a great pair of boots.
- I wish I lived close to my immediate family members (all of them).
- I wish I was one of those people who stayed in their hometown and loves living there.
- I am glad I moved away from my hometown.
- I have conflicting feelings about many things.
- I love being from the South.
- I don't like professional football.
- I love SEC football.
- I can knit and crochet.
- I'm killing you with this.
- I volunteer for my kids' school and scout packs.
- I love the movie "Cliffhanger" and I don't know why.
- I worry so much for my kids' futures sometimes that I can't enjoy the day we're living right now.
- I have faith that they will have wondrous lives and come out just fine.
- I don't understand how the internet works...I think it is magic.
- I have lived in Maryland for 8 years and I still don't like eating crabs.
- I like to cook when I am happy.
- I like to eat when I am sad.
- I used to be a tax accountant and a CPA.
- That life seems so far away.
- I speak a little French and wish I spoke more.
- I like to pretend I have a British accent and when I do, my name is Fiona.
- I need to work on patience.
- I can't wait to see the adults my boys become.
- I don't want my boys to grow up.
- I had braces as an adult and am so glad that is over.
- I want to live in the American West before I die, surrounded by huge mountains, vast deserts and amazing skies.
- I love the art of Georgia O'Keefe.
- I met my oldest best friend on our first day of college.
- I met a few of my newer best friends on my son's first day of preschool.
- Making this list is easier than I thought I would be.
- I love the kids' shows "Peep" and "Arthur".
- I have watched every season of "Survivor" and firmly believe it is only reality show that we need.
- I never watched ER or Sex in the City, not even a second of them.
- I am concerned about our country's economic, political and global situations.
- I think our government is as peopled with egomaniacs and misguided folks as is Hollywood.
- I sound like my parents.
- I like the idea of being liberal but not the reality of it today.
- I need to change the subject.
- I have a perfectly rational fear of clowns.
- I believe all citizens have the right to know when a clown, mime, ventriloquist with dummy or flamboyant magician moves into their neighborhoods.
- I have a fear that I will stand in my own way and never reach my potential.
- I am a pop-fiction snob...only a small percentage of it is good in my opinion.
- I prefer to read bad non-fiction to marginal fiction anyday.
- I love anything by Jon Krakauer.
- I am realizing how opinionated I am.
- I believe that you have a huge amount of control over your own life and your beliefs take you where you think they will.
- I believe in a higher power and a greater framework that we can't even begin to see.
- I respect your choice of religious beliefs, just don't maim, kill or attempt to prosthelytize me if I differ.
- I believe no one is exactly right.
- I have never been good at answering questions like, "where do you want to be in your life in X years?"
- I'll wake you up when I am finished.
- I am thankful for the conveniences of our times but I wish we lived simply like Half-Pint and Pa Ingalls.
- I have a wonderful network of family and friends and am thankful for them.
- My husband still makes me laugh.
- I love running and need the release, boost, balance it provides me.
- I wish I practiced piano when I was young.
- I can still play the intro to "I Write the Songs" pretty well.
- I am amazed by the changes that life brings.
- I am all over the place.
- I find empirically unattractive people attractive IF they are funny.
- Ben Stiller is a hottie.
- I always a felt a bit behind the curve in what is cool, just ask my high school friends.
- I don't care about that now.
- I love being a stay-at-home mom, but most days don't admit it.
- Even on days when I complain bitterly, #85 is still true.
- I can adapt to most situations.
- I always wanted to be a singer but believe there is still time.
- I want to grow really old but feel young the whole way there.
- I am a yeller but I don't mean anything by it.
- I can be difficult to live with but my friends might find that hard to believe.
- I have a fantastic husband who has figured out how to live with me and does it quite well.
- I don't like to fly.
- I love to laugh until I cry but I don't get to do that often enough.
- I like sweet and salty food combinations.
- I make really good guacamole.
- I feel much younger than my age states.
- I live an enchanted life.
If you made it this far, thank you for indulging me. Was it as good for you as it was for me? I hope so. I always hope to be giving as much as I receive. And I promise to NEVER do that to you again.
What??? You don't like crabs???ReplyDelete
This was fun to read! I like the 100 things posts...most of the ones I've read have been pretty clever-yours included. Have a great day!
HA! I read throught the entire list and actually said to myself, "She sounds like a Gemini!" I went to your profile to see if it said, but it didn't. Rats. Anyway, I always like reading someone else's but have always thought mine would be b-o-r-i-n-g. Maybe not! :)ReplyDelete
well that was fun!!!!!ReplyDelete
#101, you are a wonderful friend...but please don't ask me to watch #34 with you : )ReplyDelete
I can relate to so many of those things! What a great read!ReplyDelete
Number 83 must stem from the days of watching Mr. Puniverse or Punyverse?ReplyDelete