I ran the same race last May and plan to better my time this year. I have been running for about 2 years. In my younger days, I would have never imagined me being a runner or any other athlete for that matter. I started when my youngest was in preschool and I finally had some kid-free time. A great friend invited me to join her in a running class at the Y (thanks Kelly!). After my body adjusted to really exercising for the first time in much more than one decade (!), I was hooked. Aside from the physical benefits, here is the short list of why I love to run:
- Running boosts my mood
- Even a hard run is better than no run at all
- I love what my body can do
- It IS social - I have great, FUN friends who I run with
- Setting and achieving personal goals, on a run-by-run basis and grander scales
- Running is simple - Have good shoes? Let's go.
- I actually look forward to "gu-ing" at miles 4 & 8 (you can google "gu energy gel")
- Running outside whenever I can
So watch the mileage tracker and see how high it rises.